At Horn Law Group, one of the many things we are proud to do is help families through the challenges and joys that life brings. The adoption process can cause both tremendous happiness and stress for our clients. We count ourselves lucky to have a small part in helping our clients grow their family through adoption.
Horn Law Group is giving back to the community by providing scholarships to college students. We are excited to announce our 2019 Adopted Child Scholarship, combining our passion for adoptions and the desire to help finance the education of a student.
We will award a $1,000 scholarship to a U.S. college student who produces the best essay on their experience with adoption. In a 750-word essay in 12-point Times New Roman font, please give a thorough answer to the following question: How did the adoption process shape you into the person you are today?
We ask that all applicants meet the following requirements:
- Be currently enrolled (or enrolled prior to the scholarship deadline) at an accredited institution, including junior college, community college, undergraduate program, or graduate program anywhere in the United States
- Have been, or have a direct family member who was, adopted
- Have good academic standing with a minimum 3.0 GPA
A completed application for this scholarship must include the following:
- A current resume
- A current official or unofficial transcript from your most recent academic institution
- A 750-word essay as outlined above
In order for an application to be considered, we will need all of the above materials (essay, resume, and transcript) submitted by June 1, 2019, via email. Please address your emails to [email protected] with the subject line reading “Your Name – 2019 Adopted Child Scholarship.”
The scholarship recipient will be awarded $1,000 for use on tuition, fees, books, and other supply expenses at their college, university, or post secondary school. Scholarships will be awarded June 15, 2019.