Ocean County Child Custody Lawyers – Toms River, NJ
With some of the most experienced child custody lawyers NJ has to offer, Horn Law Group, LLC will guide you to achieve a resolution that is in the best interest of your children. This may include the use of therapists, counselors, psychologists, and other experts.
Custody is the single most difficult issue in family matters when litigants cannot reach agreement.
The law regarding child custody and parenting time consists of a blend of state statutes and case law decided by judges. The following factors must be considered by the Court when making determinations of custody, and are the best place to start in assessing any custody case:
- The parents’ ability to agree, communicate and cooperate in matters relating to the child.
- The parents’ willingness to accept custody.
- Any history of unwillingness to allow visitation not based on substantiated abuse.
- The interaction and relationship of the child with its parents and siblings.
- The history of domestic violence, if any.
- The safety of the child.
- The safety of either parent from physical abuse by the other party.
- The preference of the child when of sufficient age and capacity to reason so as to form an intelligent decision.
- The needs of the child.
- The stability of the home environment offered.
- The quality and continuity of the child’s education.
- The fitness of the parents.
- The geographic proximity of the parents’ homes.
- The extent and quality of the time spent with the child prior to or subsequent to the separation.
- The parents’ employment responsibilities.
- The age and number of the children.