Ocean County Child Support Lawyers – Toms River, NJ
Child support is the right of every child in New Jersey. As the most highly experienced child support lawyers NJ has to offer, we will fight for you to ensure that the correct amount of child support is calculated by the Court or negotiated between the parties. Although the ultimate Court based calculation is based on a computer model, the data used to input income and other important expenses is often the subject of emotionally charged disputes. The New Jersey Child Support Guidelines apply to most child support situations.
For children over the age of 18 who have graduated from high school and who are not living at home but are attending school, the child support guidelines do not apply.
If you would like child support calculated by Horn Law Group, LLC, give us a call today at 732-736- 9300.
The relevant factors that are considered to determine child support obligations are as follows:
- Needs of the child.
- Standard of living and economic circumstances of each parent.
- All sources of income and assets of each parent.
- Earning ability of each parent, including educational background, training, employment skills, work experience, custodial responsibility for children including the cost of providing care and the length of time and cost of each parent to obtain training or experience for appropriate employment.
- Need and capacity of the child for education, including higher education.
- Age and health of the child and each parent.
- Income, assets and earning ability of the child.
- Responsibility of the parents for court-ordered support of others.
- Reasonable debts and liabilities of each child and parent.
- Any other factors the court may deem relevant.